dimanche 18 juin 2017

THE SILENT FORCES OF SOCIETY - THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ...


THE SILENT FORCES OF SOCIETY 
By Bernard Bujold- 
There are in our society sleeping forces that sometimes only unfold during a special evening or event... 
This is the case of the Catholic Church in Montreal! 
Although I am not a Catholic practitioner, since I grew up in a presbytery in Gaspe with my aunt who was the priest's servant, and wanted me to become a priest... , I always kept an affection for things from the church. 
Thus, I like to visit the Montreal Cathedral Mary Queen of the World where I appreciate the calm and beauty of the lighting. 
Generally, there are at most a hundred faithful but sometimes, on the occasion of a special feast, there are thousands of people gathered together. This was the case on Thursday June 15, 2017 as part of the Corpus Christi (FÊTE-DIEU). 
I had the pleasure to take photos of the ceremony and especially to discover that there are dormant forces in our society, like those of the Church... 
I did not want to disturb Bishop Christian Lépine to ask him to bless my replica watch of Pope Francis! It will be for a next time, quieter... 
SEE PHOTOS 

Aucun commentaire: