mardi 13 janvier 2015

POLITICS IN 2015...


By Bernard Bujold (LeStudio1) - 
Politics will be very active in 2015, not least due to the federal elections scheduled for next October. Several candidacies will be announced and discussed in the coming months and it will be difficult to follow them all, but the one of the now former journalist Pascale Dery is of particular interest to me because I knew her in another life. 
Her possible participation as a candidate call on me for two reasons. First, the biggest dream of Pascale was once to be a journalist! Why is she abandoning the dream she realized? Second, my upset is also related to the fact that I also left a nice career in journalism to go in the world of politics. It was in 1984 with Brian Mulroney's team. This period was the most beautiful of my life but also the most disappointing. Brian's team had the wind in the sails and we wanted to change the world, but the world did not changed... 
I have always regretted later my leaving as a journalist! 
Pascale Déry, journalist at the french network TVA, ex-assistant Julie Snyder and ex-girlfriend during a time of Stephane Laporte would soon be one of the candidates for the political party of Stephen Harper in the federal election of October 2015. 
Pascale is old 38, married with two young children. The couple lives in the riding of Mount Royal. 
I specifically known Pascale in 1996 when she was young student and asked me at Quebecor to help her on a research she did for one of her university courses at UQAM. Later, she handed me her file (CV) for a job as researcher for TQS which Quebecor had just acquired. Her dream then was to become a journalist... 
Time flies! Already 20 years ago... 
What had impressed me at the time was her father's exceptional story as a traveling dentist with a specially equipped car to provide home care (SOS Dentist). 
Pascale I wish you good luck! Although I am a pro-Justin Trudeau fan and I will vote for his candidate in my riding, I think Stephen Harper is going to be re-elected! He eliminated the deficit and his military positions are popular. Voters do not like to take risks with their vote and they prefer the values they know... 
To be continued! 
Photo 1: Harper, Justin Trudeau and Thomas Mulcair;
Photo 2 and 5: Pascale Dery;
Photo 3: Pierre-Karl Peladeau and Julie Snyder;
Photo 4: Stephane Laporte;
SEE STORY LA PRESSE ABOUT PASCALE DERY ;

Aucun commentaire: